Batemans Bay Accommodation
- Markets – Every Saturday at Moruya until 1pm, 3rd Sunday of the month at Batemans Bay High School, 1st Sunday of the month at Corrigans Beach Reserve and 1st Saturday of the month during Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct and Dec at Malua Bay Beach.
- Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Gardens – Deep Creek Dam Dr, Mogo
Free Guided Walks – Every Sunday enjoy a guided walk through the Gardens from 11am. Stay on for a picnic or barbeque and let the kids play on the playground equipment. Visit the herbarium, nursery, information centre and café. Open Wednesday to Sunday 9am - 4pm.
- Moruya Country Races – Donnelly Drive, North Head, Moruya
Fashion parades, entertainment, pack a picnic or simply enjoy a flutter, and of course, refreshments from the bar. Gates open at 11am. Visit www.moruyajockeyclub.com.au for race dates.
- Moruya’s New Year Rodeo – January 1 at Moruya Showground, Albert St
Start the New Year with a Bang!! Events at Moruya Rodeo include Bull Ride, Saddle Ride, Open Roping, Novice Saddle Ride, Breakaway Roping, Steer Wrestling, Bareback Ride, Team Roping, Poddy Calf Ride, Steer Undecorating, Ladies Barrel Race as well as Side Shows, Food Stalls and Refreshments. From 12 noon - midnight. Rodeo events start at 4pm and finish at 10pm. DJ from 10pm - midnight with great country music.
- George Bass Ski and Surfboat Marathon – Batemans Bay
This is the longest, toughest Surfboat Race in the world. The George Bass Surfboat Marathon commenced in 1975 and surf skis were added to the event in the 1990s. It is a truly unique experience for all competitors, friendships are made for life once you become part of the Bass family. Seven days. Seven legs. 190 kilometres of the best coastline in Australia.
- The Tollgate Islands Classic – Batemans Bay
One of the premier events on the NSW game fishing tournament calendar, with a host of events, entertainment and prizes on offer for competitors. The Tollgate Islands Classic is an annual 3 day fishing competition in the waters off the shores of Eurobodalla. Briefing will be held at the Catalina Country Club on Thursday evening with a dinner held on Saturday night. Weigh station will be open from 4pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Lennon Bros Circus – Mackay Park, Batemans Bay
The Lennon family is very proud to present the fantastic family fun of Lennon Bros Circus, with amazing performers from Australia and overseas! Be captivated by the crazy antics of our clowns, awed by the majesty of the lions, enthralled by the jugglers, the daring of the aerialists, beautiful liberty ponies, monkeys, camels, llamas, dogs and who could forget our gorgeous miniature donkeys.
- The Eurobodalla Show – Moruya Showground, Albert St
A great country event showcasing age old agricultural traditions as well as new ones over two days. Antique machinery displays, wood chopping, pie competition, flowers, food and lots more.
- Australia Day Celebrations – January 26, 2016 at Corrigans Beach Reserve, Batehaven
Enjoy the celebrations from 8am to 1pm with breakfast, band and games for the kids.
- Broulee Bay to Breakers Ocean Swim – Shark Bay Broulee to Broulee Surf Club Beach
Broulee Surfers Surf Lifesaving Club and Broulee Mossy Point Community Association are holding a 1.4km ocean swim from Shark Bay Broulee to the Beach in front of the Broulee Surf Club. Starts 9am - 11am. Start training now and give it a go!!
- Tilba Easter Festival – Central Tilba, Bate St
This unique festival has live music from four stages, roaming street performers, hilarious street games, rides, markets, delicious food, an art show plus so much more! There's also a Youth Talent Quest, Reptile Awareness Snake Show and don't forget to see the annual art show. And be treated all day to a huge variety of music from jazz to folk, the blues and even bagpipes! Starts at 9am.
- Challenge Batemans Bay – Corrigans Beach Reserve, Batehaven
Our coastal location was really made for this sport. From the swim leg at Corrigans Beach overlooking the Tollgate Islands, cycling along Malua Bay Beach, running the boardwalk along the river passing spectators in the cafés - you will be inspired at every point.
- Batemans Bay Anzac Regatta – Batemans Bay Sailing Club
The Batemans Bay ANZAC Regatta is the biggest annual sailing regatta on the NSW South Coast. The event is open to dinghies, catamarans and trailerable yachts with over one hundred boats expected to enter. This is a wonderful spectator event for everyone to enjoy. Be early to grab the best vantage point!
- Narooma Oyster Festival – Various locations around Narooma
Celebrates South Coast NSW oysters and their growers and our region’s natural clean quality produce, chefs, and rich artistic and cultural talents. The festival has something for everyone from fine foodies to families, combining a cosmopolitan quality food experience with family entertainment. Our reputation is growing as Australia’s premier oyster/seafood and cultural festival.
- Eurobodalla River of Art – Moruya
The River of Art celebrates the ebb and flow of visual art, sculpture, performing arts, film and theatre that thrives in the area. You will see art celebrated everywhere. In the streets, parks, galleries, pubs, cafés and restaurants and along the rivers throughout Eurobodalla.
- Datsun Sports Roadster Annual National Meeting – Corrigans Beach Reserve, Batehaven
Pristine examples of the historic Datsun Roadster (built in 1961-1970) converge on Batehaven from all over Australia. A Show and Shine will be held on Corrigans Beach Reserve on Saturday morning the 6th June. The traditional Sunday Convoy will travel from Batehaven to Bermagui, stopping at various local tourist sights.
- Batemans Bay Writers Festival – Coachhouse Marina Resort, 49 Beach Rd, Batemans Bay.
Experience inspiring author talks, lively panel discussions and sensational readings - not to mention the fun workshops and other book-related activities at the inaugural Batemans Bay Writers Festival. Whether you are a reader, a writer, a poet or illustrator; whether you enjoy being entertained or discussing issues of interest there is something for everyone.
- Annual Yellowfin Fishing Competition – Batemans Bay
This is one of the first and one of the biggest events on the Game Fishing Calendar with entrants from NSW and ACT. Serious fishing, tall tales of the one that got away and loads of enjoyment.
- South Coast Open – Recreational & Sporting complex at Hanging Rock
This is the South East Regions most prestigious and valuable Tennis Event with $10,000 in total prize money. Free entry for Spectators, with breakfast, BBQ and all day canteen available.
- Rally of the Bay – In and around Batemans Bay
Always a favourite for competitors, the Bay area has some of the most versatile and challenging roads in NSW. Ceremonial starts 10am in Clyde Street, in the centre of Batemans Bay, which is sure to attract thousands of rally fans and locals alike.
- Batemans Bay Antiques and Collectibles Fair – Sunshine Bay Primary School, 432 Beach Rd
Delve into the world of antiques to find that unique piece of history to take home, that childhood memory, the collectible you have been searching for or simply an item that creates a talking point in your home. Valuations will also be available.
- Narooma Car Rally – NATA Oval, Narooma
The event will be a round of the Techworkz ACT Rally Series with 120k competitive kms being 4 stages run twice. The Narooma roads are well known and popular for a reason - they are absolutely fantastic! This event is not to be missed.
- South Coast Nationals - Car, Bike & Truck Spectacular – Moruya High School, 97 Albert St
The South Coast Nationals is a major annual car event attracting thousands of people and offers entrants and spectators a safe, secure, fun weekend with amusements for the kids, stalls for all and refreshments. Many hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of hot rods, vintage and custom vehicles, bikes and trucks will be on display.
- Colour your World, Batemans Bay Arts & Crafts Society Exhibition – Venue to be confirmed.
Art and craft is offered for sale by local artists and craft persons of the Batemans Bay Arts and Crafts Society. With a wide array of goods to choose from - paintings in acrylics, oils, pastels, mixed media, watercolour, including drawings of landscapes, seascapes, cityscapes, still life, natural history and abstract. Craft in woodwork, jewellery, pottery and other craft. Something for everyone!
- Great Southern Blues Festival – Narooma
This amazing blues and roots festival promises to be memorable with a stellar line-up of artists. Music lovers will once again enjoy a spectacular merging of blues, rockabilly, soul, rock and rhythm along with a range of culinary delights and market stalls on site.
- Batemans Bay Show & Shine – Sunshine Bay Primary School Oval, 432 Beach Rd
Trophies: Hot Rod, Custom, Street Machines, Bikes, All-American and Classic. Open to public at 9.30am.
- Granite Town - Moruya's Jazz, Food & Funk Festival – Moruya
This 3 day spectacular that takes jazz to the pubs, clubs, streets, restaurants and parks of Moruya in a vibrant and exciting celebration of all that is jazz! The music begins on Friday afternoon and traditionally continues until late on Sunday afternoon when fans and bands traditionally gather in the Monarch Beer Garden.
- The South Coast Caravan, Camping and Holiday Expo – Mackay Park, Batemans Bay
Your last chance to grab a bargain before the summer holidays. It has the latest caravans, motorhomes, camper trailers, camping equipment, tents, touring accessories and much more. There is plenty of entertainment from face painting and jumping castles to fishing demonstrations that will keep the young and the young at heart entertained.
- Narooma Traditional BoatsAfloat Festival – Wagonga Inlet, Narooma.
BoatsAfloat is all about enjoying hand-built or restored boats and sharing your experience with boating enthusiasts from all over. A feature for the public is the Grand Parade of Boats down the inlet to the Boardwalk on Sunday morning.
- Southeast HARVEST Regional Food Festival - Riverside Park, Moruya
Celebrates the diversity and quality of food produced in the south-eastern shires of NSW. Bring along the whole family to celebrate the Spring harvest with a huge array of interactive stalls featuring local produce, locally-made delicacies, cooking demonstrations and displays promoting sustainable living.
- Hack and Stock Horse Show – Moruya Showground, Albert St
The Australian Stock Horse is described as "The Breed for every Need". This is because it is bred with the stamina, strength and versatility for a variety of uses including: stock mustering, pony club, show jumping, dressage, polo, polocross, campdrafting, hacking, eventing, endurance and riding for the disabled. Commencing at 8.30am.
- Batemans Bay Seaside Carnivale – Corrigans Beach Reserve, Batehaven
A free family fun day with performances by local schools and groups. There will also be fun activities, events, and stalls for children of all ages - and adults! Join in the fun of the pet parade, decorated bike, fancy dress, teddy bear, spanner throwing competitions and much more! Features the famous Seaside Tombola where everyone wins. 9am - 2pm.
- Fridays on the Foreshore – Batemans Bay Promenade
Every Friday night during summer, the Friday Night Foreshore Markets are held on the Batemans Bay foreshore beginning from December to the end of January. There are local bands with music the whole family can enjoy so bring a blanket, your family and enjoy the delights that the foreshore has to offer.
- Carols by Candlelight – Mackay Park, Batemans Bay
This is a wonderful Aussie Christmas tradition. Sing carols with friends and family under the shimmering light of a candle. Bring a blanket, something warm to wear and your heart filled with good wishes.
- Bell’s Family Carnival – December 20, 2015 to January 26, 2016 from 7-10pm at Corrigans Beach Reserve, Batehaven
Enjoy amusements and rides for the whole family. Discount family passes available.
- Broulee Annual Sand Modelling Competition – Broulee Beach, times TBA - tide dependant
Individual, couples, family or a team of up to 5 people can either build sand sculptures or traditional castles.
- New Year's Eve Fireworks – December 31, 2015 at Corrigans Beach Reserve, Batehaven
Just after dusk, make your way to the beach, toss down a blanket and wait for the fun to begin. The first fireworks spectacular usually starts about half an hour after the sun goes down and then again at midnight.
For more information on event dates and details please call 1800 802 528 or visit www.eurobodalla.com.au. The Batemans Bay Tourist Information Centre is located on the corner of the Princes Highway and Beach Road, Batemans Bay (opposite McDonalds).