Nuns Beach House
Uninterrupted 180 ocean, beach and headland views
Popular beach house in idyllic, private location perched just above the pristine, golden sands and turquoise waters of Nuns Beach - a secluded cove flanked by wooded headlands, 15 minutes south of Batemans Bay.
South Coast Accommodation
- Bedroom 1
- Queensize 1
- Bedroom 2
- Queensize 1
- Bedroom 3
- Tri Bunks 1
- Bedroom 4
- Single 1
- Bedroom 5
- Queensize 1
- Single 1
- Bedroom 6
- Tri Bunks 1
Gorgeous, uninterrupted, close-up views of the ocean, beach, bush and headlands from the entire upstairs open plan living area, as well as from the main bedroom and ensuite, and the bunk bedroom at the back of the house.
Situated on a narrow bushy lane leading to a headland and surrounded by its own native garden with no immediate neighbours, Nuns is not overlooked and it doesn't overlook any other house. It's very non-suburban, quiet and private without feeling isolated. You really feel like you're in your own private, holiday oasis!
Much of the upstairs of Nuns has been renovated and now boasts a large, light, open plan kitchen/dining/lounge room decorated in a relaxed, coastal style with plenty of white paint and limed timber floorboards. The new kitchen with breakfast bar is fully equipped, with stainless steel Fisher & Paykel appliances. There's a refectory style dining table seating 10, and in the lounge area, a stunning feature gas log fireplace and a 34 inch flat screen Sony TV/DVD player.
Nuns Beach House is two-storey, but there are no internal stairs. You may rent just upstairs, or upstairs and downstairs (you will never share Nuns with another party if you rent upstairs only). Downstairs is never rented on its own, its just overflow accommodation. There are four bedrooms upstairs, sleeping a maximum of eight people and two bedrooms downstairs, sleeping a maximum of six. The main living areas and best views are upstairs.
If you rent upstairs only, you also have access to the laundry with washing machine and an extra shower/toilet, which is ideal for rinsing off after coming off the beach. You also have access to the downstairs garage, which houses the table tennis table and outdoor dining furniture.
The house provides comfortable, self-contained accommodation for two or three families or a group of friends holidaying together. You may choose to split your group between the top and bottom parts of the house, but Nuns Beach House sleeps a maximum of 12 IN TOTAL. It is most comfortable and suitable for groups up to six adults and six children.
Please note that the house is not usually rented to large groups of young adults under 25 years and no parties of any kind are permitted at the house. Nuns Beach House is not suitable for dogs and it is a non-smoking house.
South Rosedale is approximately 3.5 hrs south of the centre of Sydney, 4.5 from the Northern suburbs, under 2 hrs from Canberra and a comfortable days drive from Melbourne. It is a small, pretty, peaceful, coastal village nestled in the bush, located off the scenic tourist drive between Batemans Bay - 15 minutes north - and Moruya - 20 minutes south. The area is undeveloped, the beaches and waterways are sparkling and unspoilt and often deserted. The closest shops are at Malua Bay or Tomakin, a five minute drive from the house.
Top Floor: Main living areas and fourbedrooms.
You enter the house via the garden path that leads off the 2nd driveway.
The front door opens up directly into the open plan living area.
- Open plan kitchen/dining/lounge with expansive views-fully equipped kitchen, electric hob & oven, large fridge, microwave, dishwasher, seating for 10 at refectory style table plus long breakfast bar with stools
- Lounge room large feature gas fireplace, twolarge sofas, arm chair, bean bag, 34 SONY flatscreen TV, DVD player,mini library, magazines, games, kids DVDs
- Main bathroom shower over bath, sink, toilet
- Main bedroom with ensuite - queen size bed, double built-in wardrobes, ensuite with shower, toilet, sink, all with views
- Queenbedroom queen bed, built-in wardrobes with a garden outlook
- Triple bunk bedroom single over double bed, built-in wardrobe, desk, ocean views
- Single bedroom single bed in area outside triple bunk bed room, door to corridor, built-in wardrobe
- Alfresco dining for sixpeople.
- Gas barbecue
Ground floor: Overflow accommodation for large groups with twobedrooms.
Enter via the laundry door, which opens to the back garden.
- Rumpus room large sofa and twochairs, TV, DVD player
- Spacious main bedroom queen bed, additional single bed, tallboy, clothes rail
- Bathroom shower, sink, toilet
- Laundry front loading washing machine, sink, extra shower and toilet
- Garage with table tennis table, outdoor furniture
- Pillows, doonas, doona covers, blankets, bath mats, tea towelsare provided.
- Top & bottom sheets, bathroom towels are available for hire for $20pp.
- High chair and portacot available
- Off street, driveway parking for threecars in total
- Telephone for incoming calls and outgoing local calls. Please note that outgoing calls (including dial-up internet calls) will be charged at 50c per call and deducted from the bond.
- Arrival time is 4pm and departure by 11am.
- NO SMOKING ANYWHERE ON THE PROPERTY
- PETS NOT ALLOWED AT THIS PROPERTY
Things to do in the area
- There are two gorgeous sandy beaches - Nuns and South Rosedale - within a short walk of the house down easy bush tracks. At low tide you can get from Nuns to South Rosedale around the headland and explore the rock pools. Both beaches are great for swimming and Nuns, especially, for surfing. Tranquil Bay is just an easy stroll beyond Nuns beach along another bush track. From Tranquil Bay take the spectacular bush and coastal track to Guerilla Bay with vantage spots for whale watching (in season).
- Within approximately 15 minutes drive of Nuns Beach House, there are more than 10 beaches some quiet coves with rock pools, others with great surf.
- Dolphin and whale watch from the lounge room and deck
- Arts & crafts, cosy cafes, the Zoo and gold-panning at picturesque Old Mogo Town
- Four national parks and twonature reserves for bushwalking, scenic drives, swimming or picnicking plus a multitude of lakes and waterways for day trips.
- Shopping, galleries, boat trips, fishing cruises, sailing, canoeing, whale (October) and dolphin watching trips, golf, horse riding in and around Batemans Bay
- Saturday morning country market at Moruya
- Marine birdlife, ocean vistas and pristine rockpools abound on the Broulee Island nature reserve walk
- Picnic with the very friendly wallabies at Pebbly Beach
- Enjoy the freshest fish and chips at Tuross Boatshed & Caf or the Pickled Octopus overlooking beautiful Tuross Lakes
- Day trip to the pretty village of Tilba Tilba nestled at the foot of majestic Mount Dromedary for a cheese tasting, Devonshire tea or simply to stroll the cute shops
9 beds (Bedroom 1: Queen; Bedroom 2: Queen; Bedroom 3: Single over Double; Bedroom 4: Single; Bedroom 5: Queen plus single; Bedroom 6: Single over Double)
3 bathrooms plus extra toilet and shower in laundry
Prices range from $1400 per week in low season to $3950 per week during peak season (mid-December through to the end of January). Please contact LJ Hooker Batemans Bay on 02 4427 9294 for any booking enquiries.
To select dates, and check price please use the Check Availability link above.